Category: Mechanical / Technical
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $80,000 - $150,000
About Bowen Basin
Located in tropical Central Queensland, Mackay and Bowen Basin is a hub for great lifestyle and industry (mines and ports). It boasts tropical islands, exceptional outdoor and water based facilities. Mackay and regions remain proudly free from the effects of Covid-19.
A growing and well established engineering consultancy that services mines, ports and heavy industry. Based in Mackay, they provide high quality engineering solutions in the Central Queensland region to blue chip & ASX listed clients. Their specialist engineering support to major operations includes maintenance and upgrade projects and this provides a consistent and growing workload.
Mackay Location. This could be the ideal opening to get your foot in the door in the mining industry, or get further established with mines and ports projects. Join a strong and growing professional consultancy with a continually growing pipeline of “blue chip” work. Either way, continuity of work and career growth prospects are here for the taking.
We are pleased to offer a superb opportunity for a Structural Engineer to work on a variety of projects which may include ports, mines & heavy industry. With a mix of site and Mackay office-based work, you will use your structural engineering experience to assist our long-term clients in managing and providing solutions to ensure the continuing structural integrity of their major materials handling assets. This will include carrying out structural inspections using custom software as well as providing technical engineering solutions to structural integrity problems.
You’ll be able to apply your engineering skills in a more hands-on manner and have a direct and tangible impact on the structural reliability and safety of our clients major structures including: conveyors, transfer towers, surge bins, bridges, offshore/marine structures, shiploaders, stackers/reclaimers, dump stations etc. You will be directly involved in managing structural integrity issues from identification through to execution / rectification of structural defects.
This is an opportunity to obtain a vast amount of practical experience across multiple sites and apply your experience to provide technical engineering solutions to interesting structural integrity problems. There is no limit to what can be achieved in this role from small to major projects.
We are seeking an energetic structural engineer (BEng Civil/Structural) keen to be actively involved in assessing and providing structural integrity solutions for our major mining clients. The 2 key prerequisites we seek are:
We are also seeking:
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and safety focus
- Demonstrated structural design exp. (preferably heavy industry/materials handling), or
- Site project engineer exp. in a similar industry involved in structural projects or construction at an industrial type facility
- Ability to take on projects involving structural design, inspections & problem solving
...AND For more experienced (eg 7-10+ years) engineers
- The ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- RPEQ and/or CPEng (preferred or at least in progress/working towards)
- Ability to provide technical solutions to structural integrity problems unsupervised
[Please note this is not a FIFO role and you’ll be expected to reside in Mackay].
Your skills and attributes:
- Ideally exp. with heavy industrial structures, & materials handling equipment
- Design experience using knowledge of AS1170, AS4100, AS3600 (AS4324.1 preferred)
- Experience with hands on site inspection work
- RPEQ and/or CPEng (preferred)
- Structural steel & concrete design & inspection experience
- Experience with risk management
- An EA recognised degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of structural steel & concrete (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client / Customer management skills and focus
- Strong report writing skills
- Be physically fit (pass medicals) & able to work at remote sites
- Reliable, punctual and conscientious
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated depending on your experience.
This opportunity is available for an immediate start. Enquiries can be made in the strictest of confidence to Neil on 0410313840.
Please address the selection criteria in your cover letter and register through the Job board where you’ve seen this opportunity. To be considered, you must be eligible to work in Australia. Applications close Friday 25th June, 2021
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales