Update day: 03-11-2023
Category: Mechanical / Technical
Job type: Full Time
Remuneration/Benefit:Competitive remuneration offered
- Capital renewal and planned maintenance works
- Dedicated supportive team
- Strong safety focus
About the role: Due to internal movement, we are seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our Network Operations division based in Gracemere. You will be responsible for developing supervisors to lead teams of multi skilled track maintenance professionals ensuring that the CQCN region works efficiently and safely to maintain Aurizon’s below rail asset.
- Scheduling and implementing capital renewal and planned maintenance and inspections
- Incident management (derailments and unplanned maintenance)
- Managing and developing a multi skilled/trade team
- Prepare and monitor budgets including detailed cost estimates, accurate cost capture and implementation of effective cost control measures.
- Lead and develop a sustainable interdependent safety culture
About you: To drive the success of your teams and projects, you will have extensive knowledge of the rail industry and track assets.
- Experience in developing and implementing maintenance strategies
- High level of financial, cost control and budgetary experience.
- Proven experience in managing and developing teams
- High level of interpersonal, both written and verbal, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Incident management experience.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visitwww.aurizon.com.au/careers
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 21-01-2024🌏 Maitland, New South Wales