Update day: 27-12-2021
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAbout Us
The Lions Eye Institute is one of the largest eye research institutes in the southern hemisphere with a reputation for excellence in research and clinical care. The Institute employs scientists, clinicians and support staff to conduct first class scientific research into blindness and incorporates one of Australia’s largest ophthalmic practices.
We currently have an opportunity for a Supply Assistant to join the institute supporting the Purchasing & Logistics Team on a full time basis.
- Inward goods handling including the identification and inspection of deliveries
- Receipting deliveries against orders and prioritising deliveries that require expedited processing or specialised storage
- Management of cold chain items across a wide variety of business units
- Monitor, track and maintain back orders
- Processing of orders and requests from multiple departments
- Manual handling adhering to OHS guidelines.
- Proactive management of stock levels of common items within the Purchasing storeroom and various locations across LEI including expiry date management of medical supplies.
- Strict adherence to all protocols applicable to working in regulated laboratory and surgical environments when required.
- Accurate maintenance of all documentation, records and registers as required.
- Identifying and recording damaged items and delivery discrepancies, and liaising with suppliers to achieve a suitable resolution.
- Organising and moving large and bulky loads and equipment for both incoming and outgoing deliveries to various business units across the locations that LEI occupies.
- Verify and collate invoices along with supporting documentation.
- Undertake regular audits and stock checks.
- Monitor and changeover of medical gases to highly critical areas.
- Strong attention to detail & be able to solve minor problems.
- The ability to learn new systems and procedures quickly.
- Being able to maintain a healthy relationship with vendors, suppliers and staff within all areas.
- To have an understanding of effective manual handling skills. This role includes handling bulky and heavy items.
- The ability to work autonomously, prioritise your workload and handle pressure.
- Demonstrated computer skills. Intermediate Excel, Word and Outlook skills are essential.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills will be crucial.
- An understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Previous experience in a Warehouse Logistics and Administration role would be an advantage
- Previous experience in the medical sector
- A friendly, professional work environment
- Competitive remuneration package including generous salary packaging
- Supportive environment with good professional development
- Close to transport links
A National Police Clearance will be required prior to commencing employment with LEI.
For a full job description or enquiries please email: click apply
We strongly promote a culture of diversity and inclusion at Lions Eye Institute. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Address: Lions Eye Institute Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania