Category: Health / Medical Care
Job type: Full Time
This opportunity offers:
- Full time ongoing role
- 35 hour working week
- Attractive annual salary $39,248 - $69,168 plus 10% superannuation
- Location: Albury, Area Command South Western
- Ongoing learning and development
Based in Albury, Area Command South Western provides professional support to six Districts that comprise the Area.
The Support Officer (Capability) role reports to the Manager, Capability and is fundamental in providing wide ranging assistance across the broader team allowing for enhanced support to our volunteer firefighters. The capability function is integral to the functions operation. This position has requirements to travel (at the RFS expense) extensively across the area. This travel will, from time to time, involve overnight stays.
This support role covers several wide ranging functions including, but not exclusively:
- Stores accounting
- Vehicle checks and administration
- Supporting training development and delivery
- Supporting response preparedness
- Care and maintenance of appliances, equipment and uniform
- Providing incident management support (depending on training and qualifications)
Balancing multiple tasks with competing priorities and requests for information are key challenges for this role. The successful candidate will join a dedicated, energetic team who are committed to continuous improvement and driving a high performance and inclusive culture for the Rural Fire Service, its members and the communities of NSW.
As our ideal candidate, you will:
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Show initiative, multi-task and prioritise
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in your approach to your work
- Apply attention to detail in all aspects of your work
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please access the role description.
Looking for more information?
Why not reach out to our role expert Alan Horberry for a confidential chat on 0418 214 984.
If you’re interested in joining the NSW RFS:
You will need to submit your application via I Work for NSW, including
- A cover letter addressing the essential requirements of the role, outlining your suitability and why you are interested in the opportunity
- A resume which includes two current referees
- Response to two targeted questions
Please submit your application no later than 11:59pm Wednesday 13 October 2021.
- We value a diverse and inclusive workplaceand activelypromote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment process may involve a range of assessment activities to determine your capabilities for the role (aligning to the NSW PSC Capability Framework). Additional checks for successful applicants will include referee checks and criminal history checks.
- A recruitment (talent) pool may be created through this recruitment process.
Vacancy Reference: 21/82
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales