Update day: 30-12-2021
Category: Information Technology
Salary: $160 - $190
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Calling all Senior System Administrators and System Engineers to work in Canberra, ACT! The Systems Expert will support a team of IT specialists for a key Federal Government Project. This role is performed on a full-time permanent or contract basis.This role will use your VMWare, Linux, MS Windows, and network administration skills to establish and maintain complex virtual and physical development, test, and production environments. Any knowledge or experience with the Amazon AWS stack will also be well regarded.
By taking up this opportunity, you will immerse yourself in the Australian Defence Industry, growing connections with leading ICT and ADF experts. A background in Defence is preferred.
SYSTEM ADMIN AND ENGINEERS - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and maintaining systems infrastructure
- Report documentations of systems defects
- Ensure security of systems, such as patching of operating systems and applications
- Appropriate level of understanding of networking and firewall or supporting network components including configuration of NSX and firewall configurations for Internal Gateway.
- Support a complex VMWare environment and keep it patched (particularly security patches) and maintained on a day to day basis including timely upgrading of products.
- Create and update complex virtual networks, with simulated network impairments, to test capabilities of software and systems
- Liaise with external stakeholders in regarding implementation and maintenance of systems or fixes delivered under the project.
- Learn new skills and perform them efficiently
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Australian Citizenship with a minimum Baseline AGSVA Active Security Clearance
- 2 years minimum experience as a System Admin or Engineer, preferably within the Defence industry.
- Tertiary education in IT Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- Proficient in experience operating on either Windows or Linux systems
- Experience with virtualisation tools including VMWare, VMSphere, RedHat Virtualisation, Hyper-V, Oracle Virtualisation
- Experience with Ansible and/or Ansible Tower
- Experience with storage administration
- Experience with gateways and firewalls is ideal
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Rapidly learn technical knowledge and skills in the ICT and Defence industry
- Valuable training offered on the job
- Support with internal promotion and career progression
CONNECT WITH KINEXUS!
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Maverick Taku on 0401 684 207 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-MT
Visitwww.kinexus.com.auto view more jobs.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Bundaberg, Queensland
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Central Coast, New South Wales
💸 $145⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Port Macquarie, New South Wales
💸 $100 - $170/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Melbourne, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Cairns, Queensland
💸 $47/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Geelong, Victoria
⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Canberra
💸 $30 - $46/hr⏰ 26-01-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania