Category: Education / Training
Job type: Full Time
Salary: $69k - $106k
We understand the power of early learning – it’s why Goodstart makes every moment count for the children attending our centres. We advocate for greater access and participation, and we make it our business to be the best at getting better.
For 11 years Goodstart, as a not-for-profit social enterprise, has been creating positive social change by giving Australia’s children, especially our most vulnerable, the best possible start in life
through access to high quality early learning.
Goodstart was founded by a partnership of four of Australia’s leading charities who recognised a child’s early years experiences had a huge influence on the rest of their lives — The Benevolent Society, The Brotherhood of St Laurence, Mission Australia, and Social Ventures Australia.
Today, Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and Australia’s largest non-government provider of preschool and kindergarten programs. We employ 15,639 employees including 1,500 teachers and provide high quality early learning to more than 67,670 children from 56,800 families across 664 early learning centres. Around one third of our centres are in rural and regional areas and around one quarter are in low socio-economic areas.
Job description: Teacher – Port Kennedy
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard. You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
* Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
* Hold a current TRBWA Registration
* Hold a current First Aid qualification
* Centre is rated Exceeding
* The role will be based in the Kindergarten room
* Rotating shift (however can be negotiated)
* Centre is running an indoor/outdoor program
* Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
* Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
* Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
* Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
* Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
* Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
* Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
* Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
* Comprehensive induction and training programme
* Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
* Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
* Competitive above award wages
* Quality teaching and Educational resources
* Professional development and networking
* Option to purchase additional annual leave
* Discounted child care fees
* Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please contact Paul Newton on 08 9352 1301
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/37029324
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 01-07-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales