Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Full Time
- Ballarat location, in Wadawurrung Country
- Full time, permanent position
- Salary package equivalent up to $119k pa (inclusive of base salary - $100k, super and salary packaging)
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision. Together.
Berry Street has successfully implemented an evidence-based model of care called the Teaching Family Model (TFM). TFM is a therapeutic behavioural program, which sees children living with highly trained staff in a home setting. The TFM Practitioners use teaching interactions, relationships and skills building which is targeted to reduce challenging behaviours and increase pro-social behaviours. The model is trauma informed and helps young people identify personal stressors and develop appropriate self-regulation techniques.
Overall, goals of the program include reduced challenging behaviours, increased pro-social behaviours, increased social skills, accomplishment of age-appropriate tasks, and relationship development. After their time in the Program, the aim is to transition the young person back to general home-based care to family.
The role of the TFM Consultant is to guide and walk alongside TFM Practitioners, as they learn the model over a 12 month period. This hands-on support is provided through on the job coaching, formal observations and consistent verbal and written feedback
This position is responsible for providing support and direction to the day to day operations of one Residential home. There may be a requirement to be part of the on-call/recall service as required.
- You will be responsible for leadership and operational management of a core team and will support them to achieve success.
- Mentor, coach and supervise staff with a common goal to improve outcomes for young people in care.
- Provide supervision, monitor workloads and individual performance.
- Role modelling the best practice principles and your understanding of the Out of Home Care System to young people and the team.
- You will be a leader in advocacy for young people in care and have proven mentoring skills.
- You have experience working with clients who live with the impacts of trauma and neglect.
- Hold a qualification in Social Work or other relevant field.
Development and training opportunities in the TFM model will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Additional salary packaging available for meals/accommodation.
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
- A genuinely rewarding role that helps children and young people in our care to be their best selves.
How to Apply
Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position to be submitted by 11.00pm on 12th September 2021.
Queries toAlethea Harding, Consultant Practice Leader TFMon 0499 308 138
Please Note; the successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 10-09-2022🌏 Maitland, New South Wales