Category: Export / Import
Job type: Full Time
angle-right Job no: 581834
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Auckland, Auckland - Kerrs Road, Auckland - Stanley Street
Categories: Health Safety & Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
The Downer, Traffic Management team are dedicated to providing exceptional service and timely project completion whilst maintaining a Zero Harm environment. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Exciting times are ahead as we are experiencing large growth across our Auckland network, picking up some major long term projects that need the support from our fantastic TM crew! This could be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for motivated individuals to join our Downer Traffic Management team working out of our Penrose base. You will be joining an energetic, tight knit team who takes pride in their work.
About the job:
As a Downer Traffic Management Operative / Traffic Controller, you will assist with Temporary Traffic Management under the direction of a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS). Ultimately you will work to ensure the safety of your crew and the general public through clear and accurate direction of traffic. You will also:
- Help with sign and cone placement and pack down
- Assist with stop/go directing
- Driver duties
- Assist with general tasks to help your crew achieve project plans and targets
This is primarily a Monday-Friday, permanent, full time job, with occasional night and weekend work. If you’re looking for not just a job but to start a career, look no further!
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn and develop a career with Downer. Along with your outgoing attitude and commitment to safe workplace practices, you will also have:
- A Class 1 Full New Zealand drivers licence
- TTM Certificate, Traffic Management Operative or Traffic Controller Warrant (beneficial)
- A passion for physical activity and be fit, energetic and self-motivated
- Strong planning and problem solving skills with the ability to deal with unexpected events
- The ability to commit to work Monday - Friday with the flexibility to work weekends and on call
- Good verbal skills to communicate on the radio and the confidence to communicate with the general public
Benefits with Downer:
You will gain plenty of exposure and varied experience in this dynamic role. We offer opportunities for further training and career progression with a direct path towards a STMS role, a highly sought after skill in New Zealand! We also offer:
- Job security, a rewarding hourly rate plus overtime pay in a friendly and professional environment
- Full time - minimum 40 hours per week with overtime available
- Uniform and PPE supplied
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including gym memberships, retail discounts and many more!
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales