Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full Time
About the role
The Transactional Procurement Lead will lead, develop and oversee the strategic and operational aspects of WorkSafe’s Oracle Cloud Financial Platform (Oracle) for all procurement-related processes. The key to success for this role will be to consistently embed the Oracle Platform across all business units within WorkSafe, ensuring business units are engaged and supported with their unique challenges and requirements.
This will include leading and supporting a team of procurement advisors in providing subject matter expertise to the business as well as on a range of continuous improvement activities to ensure that WorkSafe continues to maximise the key benefits associated with the Oracle Platform.
The Transactional Procurement Lead will have a strong procurement and purchasing background and will use this experience to educate the business on the benefits of procurement systems, processes and governance. As a highly collaborative team player the role will be extremely customer focused, and be able to share knowledge with the team as well as taking a hands-on approach to resolving problems at a strategic and operational level.
- Provide leadership, education, guidance and support to team members to enable the delivery of a high standard of customer service in relation to Oracle Cloud Procurement.
- Lead a team that will act as the first point of contact for any requests or escalations with respect to Oracle Cloud Procurement and be the key lead in championing the change and benefits of the platform within the business.
- Lead a team that will act as the first point of contact for all requests or escalations with respect to WorkSafe’s procurement policy, framework and procedures and play a key role in championing procurement within the business.
- Directly manage and provide leadership, education, guidance and support to team members to undertake low to medium value procurement initiatives (Request for Quotation process).
- Be a clear and consistent voice for education and communication of WorkSafe procurement systems, processes and governance, including training delivery.
- Provide exceptional customer service ensuring all queries, issues and complaints are managed appropriately through to resolution.
- Demonstrate strong system knowledge and act as the subject matter expert in relation to Oracle Cloud Procurement, including leading communication with WorkSafe’s external Oracle Cloud system support provider to manage escalations, changes, fixes and improvements.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/careers
You are a strong people leader, with demonstrated procurement and purchasing experience. Your communication skills are highly developed, and your strong stakeholder management skills provide you the confidence and ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Additionally, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced people leader with the demonstrated ability to coach, guide and support a high performing team
- Well-developed procurement and purchasing technical expertise including policy, frameworks, systems and processes
- Technical expertise with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably Oracle Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Effective in navigating an organisation’s operational governance and structure to expedite decisions and approvals
- Exceptional planning and organising skills
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the integration between people, process and technology to achieve an optimal operational outcome.
Applications close 11:00pm Wednesday the 14th of July, 2021. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and/or Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Bianca Stojanovski via email .
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
Like wearing a seatbelt or putting on sunscreen, “prevention-led” thinking will become automatic every time Victorians step into the workplace.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 06-03-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales