Update day: 27-09-2023
Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Casual/Holiday
Salary: $30 - $40/hr
Next Step Incorporated operates to support and enhance the lives of young people who are at risk and have high and complex needs. Our commitment is to provide a therapeutic approach encompassing accepted practices of intervention whilst complying with legislative requirements and striving to be an example of best practice within the youth services sector.
As a Support Worker with Next Step the primary purpose of your role is to provide a safe environment and quality care and support for vulnerable young people and children in various types of care including temporary and emergency care.
Our care types include:
- Alternative Care Arrangement (ACA): 24/7 crisis response in a temporary setting.
- Casework Support Scheme (CSS): mentoring, transport, etc.
- NDIS: capacity building, support coordination, etc.
- Various types of Out of Home Care (OOHC) and Outreach programs.
We are looking for people who demonstrate initiative, are caring and compassionate and can demonstrate empathy for the young people and children in our care.
If you would like to work for an organisation committed to working with youth using a strength-based approach, understand the importance of clear professional boundaries and strong ethics are paramount to providing quality responsive service to children and young people, then we would love to hear from you.
We are a fast-growing organisation who are continuously providing promotional and career growth opportunities for our people. Our culture is very caring and supportive as we believe that this is paramount in our industry. As a Youth Worker your will have a dedicated team leader and clinical engagement available to you 24/7 and a EAP’s Program. We will also provide you with continuous in-house training sessions, such as Trauma and Attachment, Mental Health and Sexualised Behaviours to name a few.
Next Step Inc embraces a non-discriminatory workplace environment and encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Successful applicants will be remunerated under the SCHADS Award. Classification level will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Reliability with and ability and willingness to work a 24/7 rotational and on call roster across the Central Coast/ Hunter region.
- Must be available, flexible, and reliable for varied shifts.
- Completed a Certificate IV or higher in Youth Work or Community Services OR demonstrated experience.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in the use of computer and to use word processing programs and email.
- Ability to manage challenging situations with a positive attitude.
- Commitment to working within the legislative framework and the organisations policies and procedures.
- Capacity to work individually or within a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively.
- Reliable vehicle which is comprehensively insured and willingness to transport clients in the vehicle.
- Current Working with Children’s Check for paid-work.
- National Police Check obtained within the last 6 months (International Police check required if you have resided outside Australia in the last 5 years).
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Australian Driver License
- Legal right to work in Australia.
- Willingness to undergo thorough checks from the Department of Communities and Justice
* Job Type: Casual
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $40k ~ $51k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $40 - $45/hr⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Newcastle, New South Wales
💸 $120k ~ $139k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $40k ~ $60k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Launceston, Tasmania
💸 $84k ~ $100k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Hobart, Tasmania
💸 $70k - $74k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wollongong, New South Wales
💸 $45k ~ $54k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
💸 $50k ~ $70k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Adelaide, South Australia
💸 $80k ~ $92k⏰ 11-11-2023🌏 Maitland, New South Wales